Kigali is the capital city of Rwanda with a population more than 1 million and was founded by Dr Richard Kandt in 1907. Since 1962, Kigali has been the center of economic, cultural and transport for Rwanda. The city is divided into three main districts, Gasabo, Kicukiro, and Nyarugenge. Kigali is not only beautiful at night but also the cleanest and safest capital city on the continent of Africa. Kigali has organized gardens and no garbage on the streets as the residents takes part in cleaning the city every last Saturday of every month.
- You can start a business in 48 hours in Rwanda. It takes 11.1 days on average in OECD high income countries.
- Rwanda has the world’s highest representation of women in parliament with 64% of Rwanda’s members of parliament are women.
- Rwanda’s official languages are Kinyarwanda, English and French.
- Rwanda Francs (RWF) is the official currency used in Rwanda.
- Rwanda’s Gross Domestic Product FRW 1,536 billion as per quarter 1 2016.
- Life expectancy at birth 66.7 in 2015.
Size of the resident population 11,533,446.